Friday, October 12, 2012

Falling into Fall


First off, can I share how much I enjoy rain?

(I took this picture leaving campus today)

Rain--such an evasive jewel in a desert like Utah. Yet it rained today. In autumn! Usually the cruel forces at work restrain any type of precipitation here to the winter months. So imagine my delight when I realized I was given the privilege of having such a day in which the autumn was similar to that of Indiana! And oh, the rain—it has such a soothing effect. Growing up, I would lay in bed as I listened to the rainstorms beat against my old house. I loved it. It calmed me. And the smell! It’s my personal belief that they should make candles that smell like rain. No one would buy them but me, but I don’t care. It’s weather like this that makes me want to warm up some hot chocolate (check), snuggle up in a blanket (why is the closet so far awaaaaaaaay???), and find a cute boy to hold my hand and tell me how beautiful I am (okay so maybe this one is a constant through all kinds of weather).

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment