Thursday, June 7, 2012

I "WiSH" and other Princess Ideas :)

Catch a Falling Star and put it in your pocket...save it for a Rainy Day!!





I love the Princess Dairies. Someone got that movie right for every single girl on the planet. Why? I'll tell you.

1). We secretly wish we were all princesses as we wait day by day in our mundane lives until the magical turning point when the secret service comes to inform us of our royal birth. Which is why, ye peasants, my parents never should have told me I was related to Princess Diana (a relation via the Spencer/Churchill line). Can you imagine the effect that would have on a little girl? Scheming and daydreaming about how one day they would magically need me to step in to claim my royalty--despite the fact that as the youngest child I would automatically be last in line. Oh, did I mention that this relation is distant? Yah. Thought so.

2). Some numb-skull planted the idea in every girl's head that if we had the right makeup, hairdo, clothes, etc--that we'd all be drop-dead gorgeous. So the only thing that's getting in our way is the fact that we all don't have our own personal stylist to break their brush as they comb our hair. Seriously--the girl starts out with a practical unibrown, a white girl fro, no makeup, and an awful taste in clothes. Do you see my point here? Most of us on a daily basis wear makeup and try to look decent, so our "makeover" wouldn't be nearly as drastic. Her starting point isn't ours. Granted, some days eyebrows get a little bit out of control, but you catch my drift.

3). Everyone wants to be FAMOUS!!! No explanation needed.

4). Think of hot boy who's out of your league who also happens to be a tool. Then think about him wanting you. Then in the end you end up turning him down for another boy. There's something so justifying and uplifting about that. I'm not really sure what yet. It just IS. Maybe it's more about having the self-esteem to value your worth and actually sticking to your guns when it comes to choosing what's best for you. Yaaaah, that's it.

Finally...a favorite dance from "Just Another Cinderella Story"


0 comments:

Post a Comment