Friday, July 20, 2012

I Think I May, I Think I Might...



The above cartoon illustrates (pun fully intended) why I can hardly consider myself a consistent person. I have to be in the "mood" to do things--up and including the mindset of "last minute panic." Thus, I also need to be in a specific frame of mind in order to fulfill my writing capacity. So forgive me if this is half-hearted. I'm more doing this as a way to balance my decision making.
However, the implications are as follows: when I'm not in the mood to write, it's as if someone put my brain on "Level 2". I don’t think as quickly, I'm not as witty, and I SWEAR someone's getting a kick out of my headaches that always appear [and once I found out who you are, I swear to You Know Who, (not to be confused who He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named) --- I'M SUING].
Now, a little background So the reader may understand my dilemma. Oh, you thought I was going to talk about the situation? No, I’d much rather prefer to just talk about me J
As I was about to say: I’m a pretty intuitive person—I have the knack of knowing what other people are feeling, what they want, and what they don’t want. However, just because I instinctually know these things doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll respect my findings. Why? There’s another aspect of my personality that inhibits my acquiescent side (which usually urges me to do what’s best for people). Point blank, I’m selfish; albeit I admit, most people are. However, not everyone is as exceptionally good at procuring their desires as I am. Yet, in order to do so, I every so often will need to overlook these natural instincts I have. This mere process is a risk given that I go against my intuition for the shear fact that my desire to accomplish what I want is greater than my fear of failure.
Though I may look foolish on my part, what is life, if you take no chances?


0 comments:

Post a Comment